Visual arts students present works in First Semester Art

The annual first semester art show took place on Jan. 11 from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. throughout Wang Hall. It showcased the works of seventh, eighth and ninth grade visual art students, including those from classes such as painting, clay and glass and photography.
Along with the art exhibition, guests who came were served snacks and drinks.
“It’s like being in an art gallery, except with student art. And it’s nice to see the work that people have put in,” art student Joey Schoenberg ’22 said.
Works were installed across upstairs and downstairs of Wang Hall, including the Arlene Director Schnitzer ’47 Art Gallery. The masks seventh graders had made for the Halloween parade earlier in the year could also be seen on display.
“I think that having the art show is a great chance to show our parents and family friends our work,” Raffaella Rubenstein ’21, an attendee of the art show who paints during her frees, said.
Along with the visual arts showcase, both jazz band and Contemporary Dance Workshop II performed that day.
“It’s nice to cross collaborate with the performing arts, as it helps get more people to both shows. The jazz band is playing, and it’s the same night as the dance showcase,” Claire Cochran ’06, teacher of seventh grade visual arts, and both drawing and painting classes said.