Students dress alike for a day

By Khyra Stiner ’21

Image-2cmyk.jpg
Eighth grade students participated in a dress up day on Jan. 20 planned by the Middle School Head for a day.
The event was for eighth graders only and consisted of students dressing up as a friend. Eighth graders said that dress up day was a special experience in which friends could get closer to each other.
“It was really fun because it really allowed me to explore my wardrobe because my friend and I don’t wear a lot of the same clothes, ” Hayley Rothbart ’21 said.
The intent of the dress up day was to be more subtle than an all-school spirit day. The event was a bonding experience for students.
The Head for a Day was chosen as an auction prize and was able to plan a social event for the eighth grade. The idea of having a student be the Head of the Middle School was seen as  a unique opportunity that the student gets to be apart of in return for the auction contribution according to Jon Wimbish. The Head was also kept anonymous so that the student was not uncomfortable. They had the opportunity to have a pizza party with Head of Middle School Jon Wimbish and a few friends.
“I enjoy the lighter moments that I get to spend with students, connecting with them, ” Wimbish said.