BLACC celebrates Black History Month

BLACC celebrates Black History Month

What is the purpose of Black History Month? Black History Month is a month-long event happening in February. The point of it is to celebrate the contributions of African Americans to the United States. It goes without saying that BLACC would be celebrating this month as it came to a close.

Throughout the month the Harvard-Westlake Black Leadership Awareness and Culture Club has been celebrating BHM during each of their weekly meetings. During these meetings they have enjoyed events like BLACC Jeopardy, as well as having a serious discussion about Tyre Nichols. On February 22, BLACC even had a fundraiser where they sold Happy Ice on the quad to generally positive reviews.

However, the events did not stop there. On Feb. 17, the BLACC staff held a field trip for Middle School students starting at the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures Regeneration: Black Cinema and finishing at Roscoe’s Fried Chicken and Waffles.

To close out the month, BLACC had a special BHM assembly with a special presentation from Africa in America.