N. Faring hosts student ambassador dinner

More than 300 students gather for Student Ambassador training, dinner
Veronica Zapata
Ambassadors sit on the lower lawn to dig in to their In-N-Out and Rice Balls of Fire dinner after training on Sept. 27.

More than 300 students from both the upper and lower campuses gathered to be introduced to the 2022 Student Ambassador program at the middle school Sept. 19. The Student Ambassador Training Dinner is an annual event that provides a platform for new and returning student ambassadors to learn about the program. Student ambassadors arrived and picked up their name tags in the Bing Lobby before heading to the Saperstein Theater for a welcome and introductions from the admission office and freshman and senior co-chairs

Student Ambassador Co-Chair Molly Block ’26 said that she is thrilled for the upcoming admissions season and is eager to get to know potential students.

“I am able to offer a first-hand experience into student life at HW and and all the opportunities the school offers. I also enjoy hearing compelling stories and unique viewpoints from prospective families,” Block said.

After a PowerPoint designed to engage learners and a training video, ambassadors split off into groups for a training session led by co-chairs. 

Mira Goldman ’27 said the dinner made her look forward to another year as a student ambassador.

“I love being a student ambassador because it’s nice to meet prospective families, and I get to have an impact on the future of Harvard-Westlake,” Goldman said.

The event was finished off with dinner courtesy of food trucks from In-n-Out and Rice Balls of Fire, as well as churros and cotton candy.

A new Assistant Director of Admission Veronica Zapata organized the training.