Admission Office holds Student Ambassador training dinner

Lily Stambouli ’24
Associate Director of Admission Julia Kraft explains to Ambassadors how to stay informed.

A new wave of Student Ambassadors are ready to go for the ‘23-’24 school year. The ambassador training dinner took place at the middle school on Monday, Sept. 18. Almost 700 students from ninth to twelfth grade filled The Saperstein Theatre excited to represent the school for the upcoming admissions season.

After hearing from Associate Director of Admission Julia Kraft in Saperstein, students divided up and moved to their small groups where they practiced answering possible questions. Third- and fourth-year ambassadors led the small groups, teaching younger ambassadors the ins and outs of the program. After that concluded, students fled to the lower lawn for a dinner of In-N-Out, a sushi truck, freshly baked cookies and churros. Students gathered in the Commons, on the lawn, and on the Munger library steps to enjoy their dinner.

“I feel like it’s really important to show everyone our beautiful school and show them everything Harvard-Westlake has to offer,” third-year student ambassador Luci O’neil-Dunne ’27 said.

O’neil-Dunne loves being a student ambassador and finds that she learns something new every year she attends the training dinner.

“It’s a way to kick off each year and celebrate all the work that our student ambassadors do to help get admission office,” Kraft said.