Freshwomen on varsity

Angelina Habis ’27, Hollen Vann ’27 & Elle Kirman ’27 talk about playing varsity sports in ninth grade
Athletics

HABIS

Basketball player Angelina Habis ’27 is one of two freshmen to make the varsity team this season.
Habis began playing basketball when she was young and said her love for the sport has increased with every game she played.
Habis said she enjoys competing against other teams because it drives her own team to improve.
“When we play against other great teams, they push us to be even better,” Habis said.
She commended her team for becoming even stronger at its retreats and hopes to continue to strengthen their bond.
Habis said she is grateful for the support her teammates provide and loves contributing to her team’s success.
“My teammates are my biggest supporters,” Habis said. “I have enjoyed being able to contribute to such a great team.”
She looks forward to the season and hopes to win a championship this year.

VANN

Hollen Vann ’27 is a freshman and a new addition to the varsity lineup for the girls basketball team.
Vann has been playing club basketball since she was in fourth grade and she loves the high school-level competition.
She appreciates the guidance from the other players on the team because it helps her improve as a player. Vann said as a freshman on the varsity team, the upperclassmen are supportive and value her as a member of the team.
“Every game, our leadership and our chemistry builds as a team,” Vann said.
Vann’s varsity team is one of her favorite teams she has ever played on. Vann said she thinks her team has the potential to succeed.
“I believe in the team and I know we can go far this season,” Vann said.
Vann hopes to help her team have a great rest of the season.

KIRMAN

Elle Kirman ’27 is a runner for the varsity cross country team.
Kirman has been running since seventh grade and is passionate about the sport. Kirman has a large number of accomplishments, including winning the 2023 Wayne Walker Invitational and the 2023 Mission League Individual Finals.
Kirman said the connection she feels within her team motivates her during competitions.
“I feel a sense of comradery with my teammates, which I think pushes me to do better in my meets,” Kirman said.
While the 2023 cross country season is over, she plans to continue her running career throughout high school. Kirman is excited to pursue cross country and to grow into her full potential.