Madrigals singers perform at Christmas Convocation

By Madi Massey ’21
Singers in Madrigals performed in the annual Christmas Convocation on Dec. 10. The event, called “Lessons in Carols,” was a Christmas service in collaboration with Upper School Chaplain Father J. Young, who presided over the service. The audience was composed of parents and families of the Madrigal students, as well as members of the school community as a whole. The convocation has been a longstanding tradition for many years, but this was the first year in which Middle School Choral Director Jeremy Pease took part in it.
“I am so proud of the students, and I feel they did a beautiful job. Since this was the first performance for me with the Madrigals at Harvard-Westlake, it was a really exciting way to start the holiday season,” Pease said.
The performance was held at the Saint Saviour’s Chapel at the upper school campus. The chapel is a historic building built in 1914 at the original campus of the Harvard School and, according to Pease, has great acoustics for singing.
Students also spoke about their experiences at the event.
“Performing with my friends was really fun, and the chapel was so beautiful. Overall it was a great experience,” soprano Shanti Hinkin ’22 said.