The P.E. Teacher Did It

Student Council hosts middle school fall event: movie night and murder mystery scavenger hunt

Students gathered at the middle school campus for many Halloween inspired activities on Friday, Oct. 28. Each year, the student council hosts a fall event showing a movie, serving dinner and hosting various activities prior to the film. Lawn games like cornhole, ping pong, and a murder mystery scavenger hunt were some of the games and events offered this year.

For the scavenger hunt, the students were given clues that led them to places around campus, like the senior garden, the wolverine statue, and the math office to discover who committed this pretend murder. The letters on the clues spelled out the “murderer’s” name, who was discovered to be physical education coach and department head Robert Ruiz. The winners of the scavenger hunt each were given a $10 prize for their accomplishment

Emma Lustky ’26 attended movie night and discussed how she enjoyed her time at the middle school on Friday night.

“I really liked how we got candy to eat with our dinner and I also loved being able to watch a scary movie with all of my friends at the same time,” Lutsky said.

The dinner served was Mama and Papa’s pizza, as well as a variety of snacks, like Takis, chips, and large amounts of candy. The event concluded with the movie “Goosebumps”, a classic family favorite.

The movie night was an event where students were able to spend time on campus with their peers and participate in various activities.
Charles Abemayor ’26 reflected on his time at the movie night and enjoyed the community aspect of the event.

“I enjoyed the food, and being able to hang out with friends,” Abemayor said.