What is MENASA?

Tess Latham ’27
MENASA meets to discuss new plans for fundraiser and do a fun kahoot.

MENASA or Middle Eastern North African Student Association is a club that focuses on the current topics and culture of the Middle East and North Africa. They celebrate important holidays, discuss current events, and learn about Middle Eastern and North African culture. During the club there is an abundance of candy and tons of fun but the club also focuses on making a difference through raising money to support the community. For example at MENASA’s first meeting last week they began brainstorming for a new fundraiser. The fundraiser is going to be raising money to help those affected by the Earthquake in Morocco. They plan to sell food and inform people about the event who might not know.
Donna Enayati ’27 described what motivated her to join the club.
“I had a really positive experience with the MENASA leaders last year,” Enayati said. “They were very fun, entertaining people and I really enjoyed coming to the club the past year, so when I was presented with the opportunity to lead the club it was an obvious decision”.
Overall, MENASA is a well balanced club that focuses on both having fun and learning about culture and current events, and helping support different causes in the community.

View Comments (1)