Who is in the room with black dog?

Meet Director of Student Affairs Keith Jordan
Snoopy+stands+guard+outside+Hazy+218%2C+the+community+service+classroom+and+Director+of+Student+Affairs+Keith+Jordans+office.+
Simren Bindra ’27
Snoopy stands guard outside Hazy 218, the community service classroom and Director of Student Affairs Keith Jordan’s office.
Head of Student Affairs Keith Jordan (Ben Sonneborn ’27)

To you, Director of Student Affairs Keith Jordan may be the guy who’s in the room with the black dog, or the person who helps you get your club running, but he does a lot more than that.
“Mr. Jordan has been the person who has helped me the most at Harvard-Westlake and in my opinion he is the most important teacher for all of the students,” Kaison Maruyama ’27 said. Maruyama was a senator the past two years and has been in Jordan’s student leadership class.
“A lot of what I do is sort of behind the scenes, especially when it comes to things like community service programming and figuring out all that kind of stuff and helping everybody get their hours done,” Jordan said
This is Jordan’s sixteenth year at the school and every year he helps more than 700 students get their community and school service done.
“This year for me actually feels more like an old school school year, right”, Jordan said. “We had so many years where everything felt new, you know, because of the pandemic and just like having to find new ways to adapt and do things and this year has felt much more like Oh, this feels like the more traditional HW experience.”
Even for someone like Jordan, COVID-19 was a new experience for him, and hopefully the last.
“Just get your service done,” Jordan said