Darya Ghassemieh

Wednesday: Environmental Club

Environmental Club strives to make an impact on the community about issues such as the environment and sustainability. Every Wednesday, students gather in Seaver 101 to discuss both local and global environmental issues. These are highlighted in the Environmental Club Newsletter, a student publication which details current issues and important events about the environment. The group’s focus is to raise awareness about issues that concern the environment and our community. Science and KITS teacher Daniella Ellingson advises the club .

In the past, the club has participated in global demonstration days such as Fridays for Future, an international movement of students to combat climate change. Environmental Club also hosts beach cleanups and LA River and park restoration events. The club has also formed a partnership with the Gardening Club to grow food as well as compost.

Ellingson said the club works to raise awareness about environmental issues both local and global, and to make an impact, not matter how small.

“Our goal is to make the world a better place in the small ways we can,” Ellingson said.

The SPECTRUM • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$0
$500