Field Hockey teams happy with season

SAMSUNG+CSC
SAMSUNG CSC
By Eugene Choi ’21

• Credit: Printed with permission of Samantha Morris ’21

• Bella Guanche ’19 steals the ball away from Glendora High School. Credit: Printed with permission of Samantha Morris ’21

The seasons of the three upper school field hockey teams have come to an end. The varsity field hockey team’s overall record was 15-3-3. The JV squad had an overall record of 6-1-5, and the freshman team had an overall record of 3-0-4.
The varsity field hockey team lost their second round of playoffs as well as their Los Angeles Field Hockey Association (LAFHA) playoffs. Players on the team said that they are happy with the outcome of their season.
“Although I will miss field hockey as the season ends,  I am so happy with all the great memories I have made in only a few months. We had a great season, not just winning our league, but building a spirit of friendship and support that continued both on and off the field,” center mid Rachel Brown ’20 said.
Since the season has ended, many varsity players said they are sad that they did not have the chance to practice and hang out with the team more. With such a short season, the players agree that they will miss hanging out with their team.
“Although I already spent so much time with my team everyday, I wish I had gone and hung out with my team off the field more when I got the opportunity to. Even though it’s only been a few days since our season ended, I really miss hanging out with them. They were always the highlight of my day,” right mid Isabella Huang ’19 said.
The JV squad competed in its last game on Oct. 15 with a tie against Bonita High School. The team had a total of 12 games, winning six and having five ties. With six wins and only one loss, the players on the team are happy to have such a successful season.
“I was excited that we did so well in the season, and I look forward to playing again next year,” forward Helen Graham ’20 said.
With such a brief season for the JV team, many players were sad when they had to leave their teammates and could not hang out with them as much. All three teams were able to practice together so they bonded very well over their practices.
The freshman team had a great season and finished with no losses. Like JV their last game was a tie against Bonita High School. Many players on the freshman team were ecstatic with their season and happy that they had such a wonderful season.
“I feel like the season ended really well, especially since we won every single game on the freshman team. I had a lot of fun and got to improve my skills as a player, and everyone was so nice and welcoming. I am really proud to say that I loved it and am coming back next year. I wouldn’t do anything different except maybe going to some extra practices to get extra work done,” midfield Kaitlyn Mumford ’20 said.