By Sophia Musante ’22 and Frances Ross ’22
Although Thanksgiving may be over, the holiday festivities can continue with decadent treats. These mini pies are a traditional pumpkin flavor with a cinnamon twist. Adapted from Food Network and My Baking Addiction, this recipe is easy to make and is a delicious and festive way to stay in fall spirits!
- 48 1.75 inch premade mini tart shells
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon homemade pumpkin pie spice (see recipe below)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 5-ounce evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon homemade pumpkin spice
- 1 ⅛ teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, egg, pumpkin puree, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, vanilla and evaporated milk in a medium-sized bowl. Beat until all ingredients are incorporated and the texture is smooth.
- Line the mini tart shells on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the shells with any remaining cinnamon, then fill each tart shell with the pumpkin pie filling.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the filling is set and the shells are golden.
- Remove mini pies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Top with homemade whipped cream (see recipe below) and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Mix all the spices together.
- Store in a sealed jar.
- Put sugar into the bowl, and then add the heavy whipping cream.
- Whisk with an electric mixer until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- Mix pumpkin spice, sugar, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and cinnamon in a separate bowl before incorporating it into the whipped cream. Remaining homemade pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for spices above. Add vanilla extract or more sugar if desired.
- Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before using.